Wednesday, October 31, 2012

we're back in Utah!

Here we go!  For the past two years, Charlie and I have been living in San Diego as he's been a Drill Instructor for the Marine Corps.  After we found out about the TEAM, we started flirting with the idea of trying to get his orders sent back to Salt Lake where both of our families live.  Charlie started asking around and found out it was a definite possibility!  Next my older sister and brother-in-law GRACIOUSLY offered for us to live with them, so the quest to move home began.  It took LOTS AND LOTS of papers, interviews and strings being pulled, by Charlie and lots and lots of late night basement construction for my brother-in-law, but August 27th the movers arrived and by the 29th my mom and I were driving home.  It took a few weeks for Charlie to wrap things up but by the end of September he was home and we were settled.

Before leaving San Diego, it was important to us to have our doctors lined up and we wanted to be treated at the University of Utah.  It was right next to Primary Children's, and growing up in Salt Lake, I knew it was the best hospital around (not to mention the personal experience my family had there not too long ago with my sister!).  When I shared the moving news with Dr. Cousins, his response without hesitation was, "well I'm not sure where in Utah you'll be, but if you can get to the University of Utah, Dr. Robert Silver is one of the only other doctors I'd trust seeing you."  As with everything else so far in this pregnancy, it was meant to be.  Dr. Silver was within our insurance network and was accepting new patients.  I had an appointment set up with him before we even left town.


September 11th arrived and we went in to meet our new doctor.  The appointment went great!  He had looked at my ultrasounds and records ahead of time and was very optimistic.  He feels like we'll be able to take Team Sandness to 32-34 weeks.  That's exciting!  We hadn't discussed delivery with Dr. Cousins yet!  I like that h
is philosophy was to let things happen and not fix it if it's not broken.  So far I haven't had any problems or symptoms of an upcoming problem, so we agreed that I would come in weekly and as long as babies kept growing and I kept off my feet, we could stay out of the hospital.  YES!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment